Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sunday

Today I went to an urgent care clinic and waited in the waiting room for several hours. Yay. I thought there might not be a lot of people there since there was a Vikings game. Alas, for some reason, mothers with sick kids go to the doctor whether or not there is an NFL game. Not a big deal since I don't have any life-threatening illnesses, just a possible case of strep throat. A nurse finally swabbed me, and then I spent ten seconds with the doctor who said that I don't have strep throat, but iI do have a gross-looking throat and a high-ish temperature, so it might be something else. It's probably viral, so I am just supposed to suck it up. I love that diagnosis: it might be something else. Thank you so much for your help. So hopefully I will get better in a few days, and if not, I will just go to a doctor who doesn't suck.

What else. I think our Guitar Hero 3 party was fun. H invited two of his friends who are leaving H's office to start their own business. H made t-shirts using in the friends' honor. H photo-shopped (and by photo-shop I mean MS Paint) his friends' heads onto the heads of two gangsta types on a rap album. Then he changed the title of the album to "Big Tymerz." Below the album cover, H added "4 My Dogz - R.I.P." and the date of his friends' last day in the office. Maybe you have to see it to realize the hilarity of this. Oh well. It was both crafty and clever. Watch out, Martha Stewart.

I don't understand the people who won't try Guitar Hero 3 because they are worried about embarrassing themselves. Who cares if you are bad at Guitar Hero 3? I promise that I would not judge anyone based on their ability to play a video game. In fact, it is probably good that you are bad at Guitar Hero 3 because it might mean that you have more productive uses of your time than playing "Paint It Black" 30 times a row in your living room. Not that I have done that. In fact, I haven't had much of a chance to play the new GH yet because I was busy running around the house, talking, and drinking Summer Shandy.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear beer is the only surefire way to get rid of strep. Let me know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate when you spend a long time waiting for the doctor and then he/she doesn't even have anything useful to say anyway? And then you realize how much you are paying (or how much your insurance is paying) for the lack of usefulness?

I think the t-shirts sound hilarious, and I am only a little bit disappointed that we did not get to see a picture.

I would play Guitar Hero 3, because clearly I am very good at embarrassing myself, so what's one more story to add to my repertoire!

Hope you feel better soon...

Anonymous said...

Hee, I'm imagining Gross Looking Throat as an actual condition. Hope you feel better!

Stefanie said...

Seriously. I must try this Guitar Hero phenomenon someday. Even if it does mean driving to your house all the way down in freaking Iowa. :-)

Oh, and feel better!

Marmite Breath said...

Is the GH phenom similar to the dance revolution thing? Because I can't keep up with the fashions and fads. I'm only just learning to text, for Cripes' sake.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE guitar hero. Even if I do suck.

Sara said...

I suck on easy level. We started playing GH a few months ago, now with the new one I still suck.

Glad it's not strep, yay! I hope you get over whatever it is quickly though!

stinkypaw said...

'hope it's nothing serious whatever it may be, and that you'll fell better soon! Take care!

Bruce Johnson said...

Sore throat, the stones, and beer....you must be over 40 at this point.....otherwise it would just have been give me antibiotics, nirvana and hard lemmonade.

bittenbyknittin said...

Do you still have your tonsils? If you get that gross throat thing a lot, you might want to have them removed. It helped both my kids. And H is a very creative and thoughtful guy (or else insanely jealous) to make tees for his dogz. How 'bout an image?

L Sass said...

I have never tried Guitar Hero 1, 2 or 3, but I do get major performance anxiety over Dance, Dance Revolution, so... I feel like I might be a wallflower at a Guitar Hero party, too!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better! Seriously, try and stay out of the hospital, that is totally my province. I hate nothing more than making the trip to the doctor and getting a prognosis that is no different that what I knew going in.

Anonymous said...

Who's Summer Shandy?

PS. I have the exact same viral thing. I feel like total crap.

When does it get better?