Saturday, June 16, 2007

Seriously, How is This a Real Song?

[Update: According to my sources, the following appears to be a real song by Sly & the Family Stone.]

I am at Starbucks, waiting for H to finish his jiu jitsu class and getting some work done. A song is playing in the background. I would describe the music as 70s jazz. Some of the lyrics are:

We can do it on the floor
We can do it on the stairs
We can do it on the couch
We can do it in the air

If we do it every day
We can do it every way


The next line was:

We can do it on the grass

If the rhyming line was "We can do it in the ass," I was either going to leave or buy the c.d. I'm not sure which. Luckily/unfortunately, I did not have to make this decision.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... I just snorted out my coffee, because without even reading your last line of typing (ass) I had thought the same thing.

LOL @ Noelle!

Anonymous said...

Love that obscure Starbucks muzak.

metalia said...

What does it say about me that I just googled the lyrics in an attempt to find out who sang this?

L Sass said...

I think your lyrics are brilliant! Perhaps fodder for the first ever AYKWE YouTube video contest?

lizgwiz said...

So what WAS the rhyming line? "Do it with some class?" ;)

Paisley said...

Reminds me of Eddie Murphy's classic -

My girl wants to
party all the time
party all the time
party all the tiiimmmme

My girl wants to
party all the time
party all the time
party
all
the
time!

:)

claire said...

do you know who it is?
I can just imagine other people sitting there... stopping everything they're doing, just to hear what the next line is.

Anonymous said...

HAhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

That is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

i'm fully expecting to see a rap re-make of this now, complete with your re-write.

Anonymous said...

"We can do it till we get gas"?