Let's say your mom came to visit and was leaving after you went to work on Monday. You came home from work to find that before your mom left, she mopped the entire first floor. Would you be insulted or just glad that some finally did it because now you don't have to? I am hypothetically going with the latter. And now I can hypothetically post the rest of the pictures that involve the first floor of my house!
I have updated the list of prom photo challenge participants. Check them out; they are all definitely worth seeing. If you would still like to participate, just leave a comment and let me know, and I will update the list.
There are lots of memes out there about books people have read and movies they have seen. I am going to do my own thing and list the movies that H and I own. The movies we own that I have actually seen, I will put in italics. For most people, this would be all of their movies, but for whatever reason, H buys tons of movies, and I don't watch them. Without further ado, I introduce our movie collection:
1. 28 Days Later
2. American History X
3. American Pie - I think they are still making sequels to this. Eugene Levy, it is ok to turn down a movie!
4, 5. Arrested Development, seasons 1 and 2
6, 7, 8. Austin Powers 1, 2, and 3 - I realize these are not the exact names of the movies, but I am lazy
10. Beavis and Butthead, vol. 1
11. The Ben Stiller Show - I have seen a lot of these episodes, but not every one, so I don't feel right italicizing this
12. The Big Lebowski
13. Billy Madison - Our movies are so classy!
14. Boogie Nights - I have seen most of this. My college roommate and I actually saw this in the theater. We thought it was going to be a comedy. Anyway, about 5 minutes before the movie was supposed to end, the film literally started on fire. Somehow it got stuck in the projector and burnt up. We got our money back, and to this day I haven't seen the end of the film.
15. Bowling for Columbine
16. Braveheart - I have mentioned this before, but I hate this movie.
17. The Bourne Identity
18. The Bourne Supremacy
19. Caddyshack - I didn't see this until maybe last year.
20. Casino Royale
21. Chasing Amy
23. Clerks (the animated tv series) - H watched these almost every day for about a month, and I think I eventually saw every episode.
24, 25. The Chappelle Show
26. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
28. Die Another Day
29. Anchorman - I realize this is out of alphabetical order, but I don't really want to renumber everything.
30, 31, 32. Die Hard 1, 2, and 3
33. Dirty Work
35. A Few Good Men
36. Fantastic 4
37, 38, 39. Family Guy, seasons 1-3
41. Fletch - I may or may not have seen all of this. I'm not sure.
42. Fight Club
43. The 40-Year-Old Virgin - I think I would have liked this better had I not seen the first hour with my father-in-law. Awkward.
44. Futurama - We have a whole bunch of seasons, but I didn't write down which ones.
45. The Goonies
46. Happy Gilmore
47, 48. Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law, vol. 1 and 2 - You need to watch these. Steven Colbert does some of the voices.
50. The Incredibles
51, 52. Kill Bill, 1 and 2
53. To Kill a Mockingbird - I didn't know we owned this! I want to see this. I cannot believe I am only on 53. OMG, H buys a lot of movies.
54. Kingpin - I was forced to watch this on a bus ride in high school.
55, 56. Jackass 1 and 2
58. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
59, 60, 61. Lord of the Rings 1, 2, and 3 - I have only seen the first one.
62. Mallrats - filmed in the Twin Cities
63. Matrix 1, 2, and 3 - I have seen the third one twice, but neither of the other two.
64. Minority Report
65. Mr. Show
66. Pearl Jam: Single Video Theory - someone in our house has a crush on Eddie Vedder, and it's not me.
67. The Punisher
68. The Royal Tenenbaums - one of my favorite movies
69. Saving Private Ryan
72-79. The Simpsons, seasons 1-8 - I have seen a lot of these, but not all.
81. The Sixth Sense
82. The Sound of Music - The first movie on the list owned by me, not H!
83. South Park (the movie)
84, 85. Spiderman 1 and 2
86-91. Star Wars 1-6
92. Terminator 1 and 2
93. Tommy Boy
94. Seinfeld vol. 1
95. Top Secret
96. X Men 1, 2, 3
97. XXX - the movie with Vin Deisel, you pervs - I had no idea we owned this until tonight.
99-103. West Wing seasons 1-5 - My only other contributions to our movie collection.
So we have at least 45 DVDs that I have not seen. Whoa.