Thursday Thirteen Things! Again! Are you tired of these yet? It is kind of nice to have something I have to write about in the middle of the week, but I am afraid that my Thursday Thirteen Things are getting kind of lame. (Because my posts about gas stations are so much cooler?)
So for this week, I present
Thirteen Ways My Life Is Different Than the Five-Year-Old Me Imagined It Would Be
1. I thought I would be blonde.
2. I thought I would drive a convertible.
3. I thought I would look like Barbie.
4. I thought I would be a teacher, not a lawyer.
5. I thought I would have miraculously become graceful.
6. I thought I would be married to Scott, who lived across the street from me.
7. I never thought I would live somewhere with such freaking cold winters. (The cold winters would prevent me from getting the perfect Barbie tan and driving my convertible around with the top down, obviously.)
8. I never thought I would actually have to clean up after myself. Well, I don't really clean up after myself, but I should.
9. Despite the fact that I was always one of the tiniest kids in my class, I thought I would grow up to be tall.
10. I never thought I would ask for things like patio furniture for my birthday.
11. I thought I would have published several books.
12. I never thought that I would enjoy shopping. Ew.
13. I thought I would be a famous singer. Unfortunately, all the training I did, which consisted of singing and dancing to my mom's Beatles and Beach Boys records, did not pan out into a fabulous career... yet.