(We'll be waiting for you)
1. On Saturday, two young men from the Church of LDS knocked on my door. I talked with them for a few minutes because although I do not want to join their church, they were very nice. I asked them lots of questions about where they have been on their mission so far (Twin Cities only), where they are going on the rest of their mission (all over MN and up to Canada), and where they are from (Georgia and Utah).
2. I think they were kind of scared that I was asking them so many questions. They seemed pretty happy to give me their card and get out of there. Oh well! I was happy to keep the conversation away from any attempt at conversion.
3. Some different Mormon missionaries came to our house in the winter when H was outside shoveling.
4. Well, first they went to the house across the street, and our neighbor lady yelled, "Get away from my house!" at them.
5. Then they came and talked to H and offered to help him finish shoveling our driveway. He declined their offer.
6. Mostly because we only had one shovel at the time.
7. I don't like our neighbor lady, mostly because the woman who used to live in our house told me that the neighbor lady was wonderful and they were good friends, and the woman who used to live in our house was crazy and super snobby.
8. So really, I don't know neighbor lady at all but have decided not to like her.
9. My mom is biased against Jehovah's Witnesses because she claims that when she was growing up, some JWs came to her house and tried to convert them, and as the JWs were driving out of the neighborhood, they hit my mom's dog and then didn't stop.
10. Probably not the best way to try to convert people.
11. One time in college, I came home from class, and my roommate and some guy I had never seen before were hanging out in our living room.
12. When I realized the guy was a door-to-door magazine salesman, I announced, "We're not buying any magazines, so it's time for you to leave." Then I opened the front door and stared at him until he got off the couch and left.
13. My roommate was annoyed that I was rude. I thought it was rude to invite a possible robber and/or murderer into our apartment, but she did not agree. She also wanted to go to an abandoned factory one Saturday night around midnight to see if we could meet some junkees, so she was probably not the best person with whom to reason.