Monday, June 12, 2006

You've Got to Have Friends

I just got home from work a few minutes ago and have to be back at work early, but I wanted to take some time to write something so that you would all know that I am still alive.

H and I were in San Francisco for the weekend. H got back from his conference Wednesday night at 11 something, rested on Thursday, and then we flew to California Friday morning. We had a fantastic time. My best friend from high school is getting married in a few weeks, so we flew out this weekend for a bachelor/bachelorette weekend. I love my friend and am so impressed with her ability to maintain close friendships with her friends all across the country. People flew and drove in from Virginia, Wisconsin, Missouri, Los Angeles, and New York, and even more friends are going to travel to DC to celebrate the actual wedding with my friend and her fiance.

I will write more about the events or about something else tomorrow, but right now, I need to sleep!

4 comments:

Carol said...

It is good to hear of a person's efforts to keep her friendships alive. I just read in the paper tonight that many young people choose new friends after about 5 years rather than opting to keep the old ones. SAD.

stinkypaw said...

It is nice to see and it feels even better. We were really touched by our friends presence at our wedding reception, in Montreal (Quebec, Eastern Canada). Some had come from Sweden, Germany and Seatle. Friendships need work, but the effort is worth it. =^..^=

PreppyGirl said...

Wow! People drove all the way from Virginia? That's a major hike! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm officially jealous.

Anonymous said...

Most Excellent Weekend, sounds like :-) I'd be so psyched just to go to San Francisco again, but to celebrate with your high school best friend - wow!

I'm glad you're back, though :-}