Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ho Ho Ho, Green Giant

So we traveled to H's hometown for the big 10 year reunion and town festival. We had to make a stop along the way to see this though:





(H reenacting a scene from Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.)

We made it to town and played with all the nieces and nephews and hung out with H's parents and siblings. Then we went to the two-hour parade. Yes, you read that correctly. TWO HOURS. Some highlights:





I decided to be in a positive and non-snobby mood, so I didn't take any pictures of mullets or men wearing tight-rolled jean shorts. But I did take a picture of this hood ornament:



H seemed to have a really good time. I met several women from H's class, and they were all really nice and normal. It was fun! Especially once I started drinking! I actually met a girl from my hometown who went to my high school's biggest rival high school. It was very exciting for us because we were both drunk. I chatted excessively with some people, as I am known to do when totally wasted, and I took lots of pictures of H and my new best friends.

A warning for those who decide to try this at home: 2 hour parade + lots of alcohol + sinus headache + little sleep + in-laws deciding to have tons of family over at their house the next morning to celebrate 2 of the nephews' birthdays = rude daughter-in-law who sleeps through most of the day and shows up unshowered and barely talks to anyone at the party. The kids didn't care though because we got them kick-ass presents. Best aunt ever!!!!

8 comments:

schneids said...

Nice shot of the green giant!

can't wait to get you drunk though! (whoops..that sounded really bad)

PreppyGirl said...

Great pics! I think I have a picutre of Galoot dressed as the Jolly Green Giant Somewhere - Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

I love your shot of the sassy rugrat at the end! Plus, can't contain my mirth at both Green Giant pictures :>

I wouldn't have been able to resist taking shots of the mullets, though. And then running, far far away.

-R- said...

Schneids, we do need to get together soon!

Preppy, how funny! I hope you find it soon; otherwise, he will probably hide it if he reads this.

Yez, I think she looks like a pirate in that picture. I don't know if I can be as brave as you about taken pictures. (I am thinking of the gas station incident...)

Galoot said...

The picture is from my high school yearbook, circa 1986-87. My school had a week containing light-hazing of the freshmen. They called it "Friendship Week". It commenced with a picnic where 9th graders would be paraded through the park in costume. Mine was the Jolly Green Giant. My senior buddy, Tim, had a little brother who was dressed as sprout.

Anonymous said...

Oh my lord. I can't stop looking at the Giant. THE GIANT GIANT.

-R- said...

Size15/Galoot, that is freaking adorable!

Jonniker, enjoy!

Oy Vey said...

oh my god, the JGG is amazing. must see in person!!