It is Wednesday night again, but whatever. This is the way I do things.
Thirteen Things I Have Forgotten
1. My best friend's birthday. It was Monday, but I didn't remember until 4 pm today. I immediately called her and apologized about 57 times. She forgot my birthday a few years ago though, so I think we are even.
2. What it feels like to wear comfortable shoes. I wear high heels almost every day now, and my feet are not happy. My sneakers suck though and make my feet cramp up. It is definitely time to go shopping. If you have any comfy shoes to recommend, please leave a comment!
3. How to crochet. So what if I never really knew how. When I was in elementary school, I tried to crochet a blanket, but it ended up just being a blanket for my Barbies. And it had a big hole in the middle. But I kind of wish I knew how to crochet now that a few of my friends are having babies and I would like to make them something cute. I can kind of knit, but not that well.
4. How to make time to exercise. Why can I make the time to blog but not exercise? I am just lazy.
5. The feel of soft sand under my toes. It has been way too long since I have been to the beach. Maybe we can take a quick weekend trip for our first anniversary...
6. What life was like before Google. Google, I love you!
7. That just because someone is a jerk, not everything they do is infused with jerkiness. Basically, once I decide someone is an idiot or a jerk, then EVERYTHING that person does is completely stupid, annoying, or mean. I need to realize that people I don't like have shades of gray and, for the most part, are not 100% horrible.
8. How much fun my friend is. I can't wait to spend time with her in Las Vegas! The last time I saw her was at my own wedding, and we didn't have much time to just hang out.
9. How to speak without a Minnesota accent. I have only been here for - whoa, it will be two years at the end of this month - almost 2 years, and I can hear the change in the way I say words with the long "o" sound. I suck at imitating accents, yet I pick them up pretty quickly.
10. Everything I learned in my high school calculus class. And geometry. And trig.
11. What "once removed" means when speaking of relatives. Is my cousin once removed the same as my second cousin? I used to know that.
12. What time "House" is on. I have only seen it a few times because I can never figure out when it is on tv.
13. The theme song to "Family Ties." All I know is that it ends with "Sha na na na." That is a really odd thing to remember that I forgot. And that last sentence is just odd.