Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Brought to You by the Letter N

From Guinness Girl (also to be found on Oy Vey's blog):

This is how it works: Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your blog, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along.

I was assigned the letter N.

1. No one is who I told about my blog until last Friday. Now I have told a few friends, including the friend I mentioned whose birthday I forgot. Hi, Gopi! Sorry about that again!

2. Nerdle is what I call H because we are losers dorks so cool. I am just all about posting embarrassing information this week apparently.

3. Nanny goat was a game played by my best friend's little sister when she was in the first grade. She would yell, "Nanny goat!" and run at me head first. It was not a very fun game.

4. Nebraska is what I answer when people ask me where I grew up. The letter N reminds me of a Nebraska joke: What does the N stand for on the University of Nebraska football helmets? Nowledge.

5. Norbert is a little stuffed bear my dad gave me when I was about 10. Why did I name my bear Norbert, you ask? Because that is an awesome name for a bear. He looks like a Norbert:



6. Nonchalant is fun to say!

7. Negligence reminds me of law school and Torts class. For Halloween my first year, one of my friends dressed as the Reasonable Man, which is hilarious when you are a drunk 1L.

8. No Doz is something I've never taken. Just a cup of coffee is enough to make me pretty wired.

9. Nieces and nephews are two words that I am counting as one. I never had any until I got married, and now I have 7.

10. Neuroscience was the major of one of my best friends in college. I haven't talked to her in a long time, and I miss her.

9 comments:

Yesrie said...

Well done! (The entire R section of my vocabulary disappeared as soon as I was assigned my letter :-I )

He DOES look like a Norbert. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise :>

Yez

p.s. We were struck by the same Sesame Street muse :-)

Guinness_Girl said...

N is also for Nice work, Miss Fizzlesticks. And he totally looks like a Norbert! I love the word nonchalant, too. Oh, and you think 7 nieces & nephews are impressive? I gained 22 when I married Wilman. TWENTY-TWO. Eek!

PreppyGirl said...

Does Norbert work for American Express? Smarter than your average bear eh? He must have lots of Nowledge. :)

schneids said...

i heart Norbert! And i love the reasonable man costume. you are a lawyer geek!

N

don't call me MA'AM said...

N is a great letter! Maybe I should pick a letter and do a post today... especially since my brain is so fried. ;-)

Ditto on hearting Norbert. Very, very cute.

-R- said...

Don't call me the m word,
If you want to do this, you should do the letter L! Yes, I assign you L.

Schneids, I thought about putting you as one of my Ns. =)

Preppy, heh. Norbert is very advanced for his age and species.

GG, 22?! Whoa! But H has over 100 first cousins and 24 sets of aunts and uncles. (Each of his parents has 12 brothers and sisters.) Beat that!

Yez, thanks!

Thanks for all the Norbert-love!

Carol said...

Yeah, I'll do it. I probably won't get it done until Monday or Tuesay though.

-R- said...

Carol, you should do the letter H. It is fine if you don't get to it until next week!

schneids said...

R--

aww...you thought of putting me as one of your N's? How sweet. ;-)

Schneids