1. My dad throwing my sister and I in the air in the swimming pool, each of us trying to do silly poses in mid-air
2. My sister hiding our new puppy in different drawers and cupboards in the kitchen, then running to find my mom and ask, "Where's the puppy?" [My sister was only 3, and the dog was always found quickly! Also, I think this only happened a few times.]
3. Going to the Nutcracker every year with my mom
4. Taking a family trip to Palm Springs and eating strawberries the size of apples
5. My sister being afraid to hike on a mountain because she was afraid she would fall off the mountain somehow
6. My "best friend" in the first grade tricking me into flipping people off because I didn't know it was bad [Her trick was telling me that she couldn't raise her middle finger separately from her other fingers and asking me if I could do it.]
7. Watching the Macy's Day Parade march by on the street below while we watched from our hotel window
8. Singing along in the car to my mom's two cassette tapes: Kenny Rogers and Billy Joel
9. Watching salt water taffy being made every summer in York Beach, Maine
10. Staying in the ocean in Maine until my lips turned blue and my parents made me get out
11. My grandmother teaching me to play the card game War
12. Performing a gymnastics routine in first or second grade to the 80s version of "Lean on Me"
13. Getting to go to the used book store to buy new Bobbsey Twin books
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. TN Chick
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants